NAEMT’s 3rd edition EMS Safety course teaches students how to protect themselves and their patients while on the job. It promotes a culture of safety and helps reduce the number of on-the-job fatalities and injuries. EMS Safety is the only national, comprehensive safety course for EMS practitioners. Its interactive format features real-life case studies and compelling discussions on current safety issues, and provides students with a forum to share their own experiences. Course activities allow students to apply critical thinking and best safety practices to EMS scenarios.
Students are taught to:
* Identify and manage the hazards that can appear during daily tasks, from offensive drivers to violent encounters to chronic stress.
* Describe and apply the principles of crew resource management in EMS.
* Apply techniques to maintain safe vehicle operations.
* List and assess strategies to apply in the field that improve patient safety.
* Identify strategies to ensure practitioner safety.
* Strengthen resilience skills and focus on personal health to combat both chronic and critical incident stress.
Provider Cert validity
Who Should Attend
For all EMS practitioners, other medical professionals providing prehospital care, EMS supervisors, and administrations concerned with safety.
1 Day – 9am-6pm
(excludes time for remediation and reassessments)